Fooding New York
I think we're all pretty aware that I'm not a foodie by any means. I enjoy a cheap fast food item as much as some people would savor foods made by Wolfgang Puck himself. It doesn't take a whole lot to make me happy! With that said, I had plenty of great foods when I was in New York with my friends last weekend. Here's some of my favorites:
1. Big Daddy's Diner: We went here last time I was in the big city and I sure wasn't upset about going back! There are several locations in New York. Great burgers, better milkshakes. Yum.
2. Starbucks: Can you really go to New York without stopping by one of the million Starbucks? No, the answer is no. This time around, I got a Peppermint Mocha frappuccino, which I didn't even know was sold in frap form! It was a happy surprise!
3. Calle Ocho: Luckily, before I even knew I was coming to visit, my friends booked a brunch date at Calle Ocho. They are frequent brunchers at this particular cuban-inspired spot.
4. Waffles in the Park: After walking around in Central Park for a bit, we passed by a waffle vendor and split one between the four of us. It was definitely the perfect treat for a chilly walk in the park.
5. Homemade Breakfast: One morning, we all cooked breakfast together. Bacon is always good, but there's something about making bacon in your own home. Smells good. Tastes better
5. Home Made Taqueria: Through the Seamless app (total NY necessity), we ordered some amazing tortas and tacos not once, but twice. These tacos are the real deal, y'all and I am already craving them again.
6. Starbucks: I know, I know. This time around, I had to go get my peppermint mocha in it's original delicious hot form (as it was much colder this day). Look at all that Christmas spirit, by the way.