TX Recovery | Rockport/Fulton
As the winds die down and the water recedes after a natural disaster like Hurricane Harvey, so does the news and the social media attention. The world is focused on the the next storm (rightfully so, as immediate danger and preparation are important), but our Texas cities will be here quietly rebuilding for the days, weeks, months and years to come.
I hope to continue focusing some attention on the recovery efforts here in my home state. If you have something to add, especially from a local perspective, please send me an email with that information.
Ways to Help
- Rockport-Fulton Chamber Foundation Go Fund Me - funds will go directly to local victims.
- Mail check made out to 'Hurricane Harvey Relief' to Rockport-Fulton Chamber of Commerce: 319 Broadway, Rockport, Texas 78382
- First Baptist Church Rockport Relief Fund
- Hot Meals for Rockport Residents (by Daniel Kirkland) - Just doing his part, cooking casseroles and other hot meals for Rockport Residents. You can donate to his PayPal to support his efforts (he posts grocery receipts).
- Rockport Schools Hurricane Fund Go Fund Me - Rockport Fulton schools in Aransas County Texas were devastated by Hurricane Harvey. Rockport and Fulton were ground zero, and our five campuses have catastrophic damage. Buildings are missing, supplies gone.
- Support Flexible Seating for Mrs. Atkinson's Class - This DonorsChoose fundraiser was created long before the storm, but these students will still eventually benefit.