TX Recovery | Port Aransas
As the winds die down and the water recedes after a natural disaster like Hurricane Harvey, so does the news and the social media attention. The world is focused on the the next storm (rightfully so, as immediate danger and preparation are important), but our Texas cities will be here quietly rebuilding for the days, weeks, months and years to come. I hope to continue focusing some attention on the recovery efforts here in my home state. If you have something to add, especially from a local perspective, please send me an email with that information.
WAYS TO HELP
- Port Aransas ISD (closed until further notice) - Paypal Donation Link
- Port Aransas Hurricane Harvey Community Relief Fund by Port Aransas Chamber of Commerce (via YouCaring)
- First Responders Relief Fund by Port Aransas Police Foundation (via GoFundMe)
- Port Aransas Hurricane Relief Fund by residents, for residents (via YouCaring)
- Help Portaransakins Rebuild (via YouCaring)
- Eats Port A Feeds Harvey Victims (via GoFundMe) - Eats Port A restaurant owners are feeding 500+ each day.
- Port Aransas ISD Facebook
- City of Port Aransas Information Site
- Port Aransas, TX - Businesses, Beaches & Bay Facebook
- Aransas Pass - Hurricane Harvey Volunteer/Donation Task Force Facebook
- Rebuild Port Aransas Texas Facebook
- Port Aransas and Mustang Island Chamber of Commerce & Tourism Bureau Facebook