Instagram Broke Up With Me
I've only had one boyfriend during my 23 years of life and now he's my husband, so I'm not too experienced in the area of being broken up with...but, I'm pretty sure that's what instagram did to me this week.
I was doing all the right things: changing my passwords because of the scary Heartbleed bug, writing those passwords down on a piece of paper (so I wouldn't forget) and them BAM: breakup. I logged into my work IG account to post a photo and when I tried to log back into my personal one, it said I was using an incorrect password. After about half an hour of frantically typing in every variation of my new one (and all my previous ones), I realized that it just wasn't going to work.
That's when I did what anyone with a brain would do: clicked the "Send a Password Reset Email." Simple enough, right? That's what it's there for, afterall. I got the "Email Sent!" pop-up and relief was settling in. Hooray. Problem solved.
I waited and waited and waited for that email.
Requested it a few more times.
Waited. Waited. Waited.
Searching for answers, I visited instagram's help support site. They recommend three things when someone isn't receiving the password reset email:
1. Check your spam filter.
Duh and duh.
2. Reset your password through Facebook.
Lucky lucky me, I never linked mine with FB.
3. Contact email service provider to make sure you're able to get emails from the @instagram.com domain.
Here's Yahoo's response to me:
"We've received reports that emails sent from Instagram don't appear to arrive in Yahoo Mail." and they suggested I contact Instagram about the matter. Well, wonderful. Guess who has zero help contact information? Instagram.
So, what does one do when a major app has a issue and they don't have any help support to contact? I have no freaking idea! If you know something I don't, please feel free to help me out. Here are a few things I've come up with so far:
- Angry-tweet about my problem
- Do some Kim-K-style ugly crying
- Knit a sweater from my tears
- Try to add/contact random IG employees on Twitter and Linkedin
- Squeeze a stress ball, so I won't break my computer and/or phone and/or iPad
- Send a letter in the mail (that a poor IG intern will probably throw away before it's read)
- My latest tactic has been to create an additional instagram account, promote my problem through an image and tag instagram employees in the photo (plus, I get to actually browse through an IG feed again...which I missed!)
So, anybody have any suggestions for me? Yahoo acknowledges there's a problem, but that it's instagram's fault. Instagram has no means of contact. I'm kind of at a loss here. All I know is I really really really miss my instagram and I'd appreciate getting @savannahsmiled back in my care.